Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: SIP Telephone numbers

Re: SIP Telephone numbers

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

"NicHughes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com
> Yaz wrote:
> > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to
> > provide you with a different countries landline number
> > terminated to a SIP account. eg an German number in
> > the UK.

> The general case is that once you have a VOIP enabled
> number you can utilise it from anywhere, that it part of
> the benefit the IP part of VOIP gives you.
>
> To an extent Germany is an exception, they will not give
> out geographic numbers in the first place unless you are
> a resident. Of course once you have one you could conect
> to it from anywhere in the world you have IP access and
> suitable VOIP equipment. I get the feeling the German
> regulators disapprove of such things, perhaps someone has
> a better understanding of the German regulatory attitude.

The Germans are strange people

You could try giving a friend's address if you know anyone
there, it all depends on how stringent the checks are. I did
it that way, but YMMV.

KF

Yaz

"Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" <> wrote > You could try
giving a friend's address if you know anyone
> there, it

Not looking for German but Mozambican numbers.

Yaz

Daviey Walker

Yaz wrote:
> "Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" <> wrote > You could try
> giving a friend's address if you know anyone
>> there, it

> Not looking for German but Mozambican numbers.
>
> Yaz

You could try: http://www.voipproviderslist.com/voip-provider/dotcom/

But in honesty, if your having a physical location in Mozambique why not
have a real telephone connection ie ISDN or similar. This could be
connected to an Asterisk PBX which has the UK VOIP number registered as
a separate Trunk (ie Sipgate).