Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Hibernate

Hibernate

javajedi

Hi everyone,
I am new at Hibernate. I am using MS SQL server and NetBeans 5.0. While
I am attempting to connect to database, I get an error like this :
"org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
". I checked the hibernateproperties file. Everthing looks correct.
What do you think the problem can be? Thanks for your help.

Robert Klemme

On 30.08.2006 13:36, javajedi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am new at Hibernate. I am using MS SQL server and NetBeans 5.0. While
> I am attempting to connect to database, I get an error like this :
> "org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
> ". I checked the hibernateproperties file. Everthing looks correct.
> What do you think the problem can be? Thanks for your help.

Use the force to determine what is only /looking/ correct.

Hint: try to connect to the port via telnet.

robert