Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX capture pppoe traffic

PIX capture pppoe traffic

SAto

Hi,

Im having some trouble capturing traffic going out from my pix through
the outside interface.

I've turned on "capture outside interface outside"
but the capture file only contains traffic inbound to the pix not
outgoing traffic.
I really need to see what traffic is going out that interface.

Anyone else had any problems doing this on a pppoe interface?
Any suggestions appreciated.

(This is a 501 pix with 6.3.5)

-SAto

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
SAto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Im having some trouble capturing traffic going out from my pix through
>the outside interface.

>I've turned on "capture outside interface outside"
>but the capture file only contains traffic inbound to the pix not
>outgoing traffic.
>I really need to see what traffic is going out that interface.

Perhaps you could try,

capture pppoed ethernet-type pppoed interface outside

And possibly substitute pppoe for pppoe . The documentation is
not clear as to which ethernet types are supported.

SAto

Walter Roberson skrev:
> capture pppoed ethernet-type pppoed interface outside
>
> And possibly substitute pppoe for pppoe . The documentation is
> not clear as to which ethernet types are supported.

Regretably this would only capture pppoe discovery packets and not the
packets I want.

-SAto