Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Adding a new computer to a wireless network

Adding a new computer to a wireless network

Mike

I have a wireless home network with two laptops and a router. I'd like to
add a third laptop and I know that the procedure is to run the "Network
setup Wizard" on it. A few questions though :
- do I have to rerun the wizard on the other laptops, afterwards ?
- the last step of the wizard asks if I want to run it on other
computers. Shall I click on "finish" first or run the wizard on the other
laptops and THEN click "finish" ?
- why is that I can see the shared folders of the second laptop but it is
not listed when I click on "view workgroup computers" ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
No you do not have to touch the other computers.
You can easily configure the Wireless manually.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a wireless home network with two laptops and a router. I'd like to
>add a third laptop and I know that the procedure is to run the "Network
>setup Wizard" on it. A few questions though :
> - do I have to rerun the wizard on the other laptops, afterwards ?
> - the last step of the wizard asks if I want to run it on other
> computers. Shall I click on "finish" first or run the wizard on the other
> laptops and THEN click "finish" ?
> - why is that I can see the shared folders of the second laptop but it
> is not listed when I click on "view workgroup computers" ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?dGlkZWJlY2s=?=

"Mike" wrote:

> I have a wireless home network with two laptops and a router. I'd like to
> add a third laptop and I know that the procedure is to run the "Network
> setup Wizard" on it. A few questions though :
> - do I have to rerun the wizard on the other laptops, afterwards ?
> - the last step of the wizard asks if I want to run it on other
> computers. Shall I click on "finish" first or run the wizard on the other
> laptops and THEN click "finish" ?
> - why is that I can see the shared folders of the second laptop but it is
> not listed when I click on "view workgroup computers" ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?dGlkZWJlY2s=?=