Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN core to FVS318 endpoints

VPN core to FVS318 endpoints

beckteck

I am currently looking for recommendations on a cost effective measure
to connect 20 or so static IP endpoints currently utilizing FVS318s
(IPSec 3DES) to a central location. These are primarily used for
Remote Desktop (Sybase based application) connections and inventory
purposes (page counters on printers). In the future we are possible
looking at co-locating the majority of our resources inside a
communications center in Sacramento so I do not want to get in over my
head with equipment that may not have a practical use down the road.
We have tried the FVL328 as its spec sheet looked like what we were
after from a cost vs. future integration standpoint due largely to our
happiness with the endpoint FVS318 connections currently in place.
Talk about a nightmare of a product! I have looked at several
instances of poor reviews of Netscreen appliances connecting to the
318s and SonicWalls as well. Usage of the FVS318 endpoints currently
in place is highly desired. This doesn't need to be a "cheap" venture
but it does need to have practical usage down the road and reasonable
for the current application. I have general CISCO admin experience but
no CISCO VPN setup experience (I pickup from books quickly and can
research if this is a valid solution). In regards to long term goals,
we will be moving away from our current "hosted" VoIP service and
moving towards a CCM/SRST architecture eventually with Active
Directory/Exchange based Unity Messaging. We are in the Real Estate
business and capital expenditures, while not non-existent, are studied
more right now than they may be 3 years from now. Thanks in advance
for any information! I feel at this point that I need to make a move
and stop scattering my research.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Eric,

You may also wish to investigate the Cisco Systems Virtual Private
Network Forums:

VPN Network Design

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servle...ion%3D.ee6b93a

VPN Network Management

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servle...ion%3D.ee6b2ba

VPN IPSec and Firewalling

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servle...ion%3D.ee6b2b8

VPN Traffic Prioritization, QoS, and Bandwidth Congestion Management

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servle...ion%3D.ee6bd84

As well as Tek-Tips Virtual Private Networks (VPN) Forum:

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=463

and comp.dcom.vpn

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.vpn

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO