Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Max OSX and Excel

Max OSX and Excel

Johanna Pfalz

Hi there,

Does anyone have details on how to drive excel using python 2.4 on OSX?
I've searched the web and have not found anything specific to excel.

Thanks in advance,

Johanna Pfalz
Smithers, BC

Kevin Walzer

Johanna Pfalz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone have details on how to drive excel using python 2.4 on OSX?
> I've searched the web and have not found anything specific to excel.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Johanna Pfalz
> Smithers, BC

Try AppScript: http://appscript.sourceforge.net/

It's a Python-to-Apple Events bridge. It allows you to access a
scriptable application using the same mechanism that underlies
AppleScript, but from Python. Excel has good AppleScript support, so it
should be supported by AppScript as well.

--
Kevin Walzer
Poetic Code

Kevin Walzer