Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Hibernating between networks

Hibernating between networks

Ramesh

HI,

I use WiFi to connect to my LAN at work and at home I use Wireless router
for Internet. Now if I hibernate the laptop at home and then power up at
work, would there be a problem connecting my network drives to the network
shares? I sometimes have this problem and if I reboot the system instead of
resuming from hibernation, all the network drives work perfect. Is there a
way I can use hibernate and still have the network drives mapped in place?

Thanks for any support.

Ramesh

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
In general, it should Not work, or ay best would be "Quirky". When you
hibernate the content of the memory (RAM), with all the current parameters,
is saved to the Hard Drive. When "wake it up" the memory is loaded back.
However the Network mean time changed, so it get "Confused".
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message
news:uv%(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI,
>
> I use WiFi to connect to my LAN at work and at home I use Wireless router
> for Internet. Now if I hibernate the laptop at home and then power up at
> work, would there be a problem connecting my network drives to the network
> shares? I sometimes have this problem and if I reboot the system instead
> of resuming from hibernation, all the network drives work perfect. Is
> there a way I can use hibernate and still have the network drives mapped
> in place?
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> Ramesh

Ramesh

Thanks Jack. Will the "confusion" be a problem even if I have taken care to
keep all the IP addresses identical between home and office?

Thanks
ramesh

news:OsyWY%(E-Mail Removed)...