Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DB60 crossover cable

DB60 crossover cable

Tato programista

Hello,

I'm trying to build home cisco lab. I have 3640 and 1603 routers. Both
have WIC-1T modules as WAN solutions. Can I connect them with
DB60<-->DB60 crossover "back-to-back" cable ?
Can the routers communicate using that cable to test some lab solutions
?

Many thanks,
Marcin

Doug McIntyre

"Tato programista" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I'm trying to build home cisco lab. I have 3640 and 1603 routers. Both
>have WIC-1T modules as WAN solutions. Can I connect them with
>DB60<-->DB60 crossover "back-to-back" cable ?
>Can the routers communicate using that cable to test some lab solutions

Yes. You are looking for a DCE to DTE cable.
Cisco Part #CAB-60MTC

There's a zillion of them on eBay/3rd party cable shops on the Net.

Set one end as DCE, the other as DTE and away you go.

Or, to emulate it a little closer in speed/options, you can buy two
CSU/DSU's, and hook them up to the WIC-1Ts with CAB-V35MT (or whatever
interface you get on your CSU), and a cross-over T1 cable inbetween
the CSU/DSUs.

Joe Beasley

Run a cat5 cable between the two wicT1 cards, but cross pins 1&2 with 4&5.
You will have to turn on clocking on one of the cards.

Doug McIntyre

Joe Beasley <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Run a cat5 cable between the two wicT1 cards, but cross pins 1&2 with 4&5.
>You will have to turn on clocking on one of the cards.

The OP was talking about WIC-1T cards, with DB60s on them. Not WIC-1DSU-T1
cards with T1 interfaces. Many people transpose 1T for T1, but they
are NOT even close.

Tato programista

Many thanks for that, I will try with DB60 crossover,

Hansang Bae

Doug McIntyre wrote:
> The OP was talking about WIC-1T cards, with DB60s on them. Not
> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards with T1 interfaces. Many people transpose 1T for
> T1, but they are NOT even close.

Well, it is 1T or T1 so it's close!

--

hsb

Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not be able to