Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > WebVPN on Cisco 877

WebVPN on Cisco 877

Dudley Pound

I am interested in Cisco's WebVPN SSL VPN to use with a Cisco 877 ADSL
router. Before I buy this router for this purpose I would like to know
whether it works properly. Cisco documents say it should run on this
router with two users but they are rather vague and do not give me much
confidence. One user would be fine for my purpose - to have access to my
small network using my laptop in a hotel while on holiday. Last time
IPSec and PPTP VPNs were blocked.

Has anyone here tried WebVPN on an 877 please?

TIA

Dudley P

AM

Dudley Pound wrote:
> I am interested in Cisco's WebVPN SSL VPN to use with a Cisco 877 ADSL router. Before I buy this router for this purpose I would like to know whether it works properly.
> Cisco documents say it should run on this router with two users but they are rather vague and do not give me much confidence.

Yes you're right. Not more than 2 session for administrative purposes. If you need more you need to buy a license.
I'm keen on how to use this feature, so keep in touch!

Alex.

Cisco 877 & Cisco 827 as backup Simon Gronow Cisco 2 12-18-2006 06:58 AM
WebVPN missing on Cisco PIX 515 7.1.2? sysalt@gmail.com Cisco 1 04-23-2006 06:35 AM
Cisco WebVPN cifs problem Joe Steeb Cisco 1 08-13-2004 07:12 AM
Cisco WebVPN Problem Rick B. Cisco 2 02-24-2004 07:05 PM
Lies, D^mned Lies, and Cisco's WebVPN. NS Cisco 2 02-22-2004 11:51 PM

Advertisments