Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > spanning-tree bpdufiler and IGMP

spanning-tree bpdufiler and IGMP

news8080@yahoo.com

cat6500 switch with sup.720 running native IOS 12.2(17)sx

we need to have IGMP enabled on the ports (I did the following commands

config t
ip multicast-routing
interface vlan12
ip pim
exit

gig1/4 and gig1/5 are in vlan12. but when I do 'show ip igmp interface
gig1/4' , it tells me IGMP is not enabled there.

If I do 'show ip igmp inter vlan12' that tells me IGMP is enabled.

Do I need IGMP enabled on the physical interfaces as well as the vlan
interface for switch to 'do' igmp on that vlan? and is the
'spanning-tree bpdufilter enable' statement causing any issues with
igmp?

anyone?