Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > printer & laptop

printer & laptop

Cynanthis

Is it possible to print stuff from my laptop, to my printer that is hooked
up to a desktop by usb. if so, how is it done so that I dont have to install
anything on my laptop. thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If your Laptop and the Desktop are Networked, it is possible.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Cynanthis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to print stuff from my laptop, to my printer that is hooked
> up to a desktop by usb. if so, how is it done so that I dont have to
> install anything on my laptop. thanks

Cynanthis

Hi Jack- i read the info on the link you sent me. But, i dont know if my
laptop is connected to any network.
Let me explain what I do know.
- I take my LT to my business where I have a desktop connected to a printer
& USB. I have DSL there (dont know if that matters)-my laptop connects
wireless to the DSL at my business.
-@ home, I have another desktop that is connected by USB to a printer. i use
dial up there for now (am looking to get dsl there too).
So, i dont believe that I have configured my laptop to belong to any
network. SHOULD I do this first? what is an easy way to netork my laptop to
be able to do what I am trying to accomplish?
I ask for your help because i dont want to attempt to configure something
that I might mess up doing on my own. Also, if I want to reverse the
changes, i want to document how its done. Thanks if u can help

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...