Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Prevent\Detect Dual Homing

Prevent\Detect Dual Homing

happy.ppp

Is there a script to tweak the registry key that we can used to
detected if wireless and wired NIC has been enabled simultaneously.
Under this condition, the wireless NIC shall be disabled.

It is possible to bridge wireless and wired NIC in XP. Thus, this is
why we want a script that disable the wireless NIC and left the wired
NIC active.

Any out there can help. Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

It is Not very clear what you are looking for, may be you would like to
describe a specific scenario.

If you do not want to use one of the NICs disable it in the Device Manager.

The two NICs can not be bridged if they are configured on the same subnet;
they have to be on two different Networks in order to be bridged.

If you want to keep the two NICs On, you can establish priority of usage by
configuring the matrices.

http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"happy.ppp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is there a script to tweak the registry key that we can used to
> detected if wireless and wired NIC has been enabled simultaneously.
> Under this condition, the wireless NIC shall be disabled.
>
> It is possible to bridge wireless and wired NIC in XP. Thus, this is
> why we want a script that disable the wireless NIC and left the wired
> NIC active.
>

> Any out there can help. Thanks

happy.ppp

My wired and wireless NIC are in different subnets and thus bridging
between the two is possible.

I want a script on system start-up that detected if both the wired and
wireless NIC is enabled, if so let the user select which to enabled and
disable the other.

Appreciate any helps

Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is Not very clear what you are looking for, may be you would like to
> describe a specific scenario.
>
> If you do not want to use one of the NICs disable it in the Device Manager.
>
> The two NICs can not be bridged if they are configured on the same subnet;
> they have to be on two different Networks in order to be bridged.
>
> If you want to keep the two NICs On, you can establish priority of usage by
> configuring the matrices.
>
> http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "happy.ppp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Is there a script to tweak the registry key that we can used to
> > detected if wireless and wired NIC has been enabled simultaneously.
> > Under this condition, the wireless NIC shall be disabled.
> >
> > It is possible to bridge wireless and wired NIC in XP. Thus, this is
> > why we want a script that disable the wireless NIC and left the wired
> > NIC active.
> >

> > Any out there can help. Thanks

BGP , ASNs and Multi-homing The Doctor Cisco 1 08-26-2010 05:47 PM
Multi homing Hari Cisco 0 02-20-2008 11:16 AM
multi homing alt.testing@{g}mail.com Cisco 0 08-21-2007 02:13 AM
Prevent\Detect Dual Homing happy.ppp@gmail.com Cisco 12 08-31-2006 01:15 AM
Redundant Linked Edge Devices - Some theory on Dual Homing, please Chris Harvey Cisco 4 01-12-2004 07:15 PM

Advertisments