Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD Expiration/New version?

MCSD Expiration/New version?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBT?=

Has the MCSD in .NET 1.1 been replaced yet completely with the 2.0?
If not how long will the 1.1 be around until it is "upgraded" and no longer
a valid certification?

My company uses .NET 1.1 and is not able to upgrade to 2.0, so naturally 1.1
is applicable to me at this time but 2.0 is not therefore making the MCSD my
first choice.

Thanks!

Cerebrus

Mark S wrote:

> Has the MCSD in .NET 1.1 been replaced yet completely with the 2.0?
> If not how long will the 1.1 be around until it is "upgraded" and no longer
> a valid certification?

The MCSD has not been replaced and will not be replaced in the near
future (atleast according to MS ! ) But personally, I don't think it
will last more than 5 more years. Even if the cert is not phased out,
hardly anyone will go in for it at that time, and almost all existing
MCSD's will probably have upgraded. That should be enough time for
everyone to upgrade.

> My company uses .NET 1.1 and is not able to upgrade to 2.0, so naturally 1.1
> is applicable to me at this time but 2.0 is not therefore making the MCSD my
> first choice.
>
> Thanks!

You're welcome.

Chris Mullins

"Mark S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Has the MCSD in .NET 1.1 been replaced yet completely with the 2.0?
> If not how long will the 1.1 be around until it is "upgraded" and no
> longer
> a valid certification?

The MCPD FAQ answers all your questions...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/

--
Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise
http://www.coversant.net/blogs/cmullins

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

Sept. 1, 2006

I can't add much to what other people have said... other than you can tell
when you've got <1 year left for a certification exam......... MSFT says
they will let you know 1 year in advance of discontinuing an MCP exam by
emailing you through the MCP flash newsletter.... or you can check it
periodically at this website:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...mstoretire.asp

Hope this helps!
--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

"Mark S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has the MCSD in .NET 1.1 been replaced yet completely with the 2.0?
> If not how long will the 1.1 be around until it is "upgraded" and no
> longer
> a valid certification?
>
> My company uses .NET 1.1 and is not able to upgrade to 2.0, so naturally
> 1.1
> is applicable to me at this time but 2.0 is not therefore making the MCSD
> my
> first choice.
>
> Thanks!

peterwilson8

Thanks for the relevant info.

MCSD vs MCSD.net Maria MCSD 0 07-18-2003 09:26 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments