Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > MapReduce, Distributed Computing, and Ruby

MapReduce, Distributed Computing, and Ruby

BG Simp

Interesting concept; a drop dead simple distributed library in Ruby.
Anything similar in Python?
http://tech.rufy.com/2006/08/mapredu...usly-easy.html

Yu-Xi Lim

BG Simp wrote:
> Interesting concept; a drop dead simple distributed library in Ruby.
> Anything similar in Python?
> http://tech.rufy.com/2006/08/mapredu...usly-easy.html

Google has Python bindings for MapReduce since a long while back (we all
know how much Google loves Python). I'm not sure about it's public
availability.

raviteja.bhupatiraju@gmail.com

BG Simp wrote:
> Interesting concept; a drop dead simple distributed library in Ruby.
> Anything similar in Python?
> http://tech.rufy.com/2006/08/mapredu...usly-easy.html

Consider bugging this guy to release the code.
http://agentmine.com/blog/2005/11/30...duce-in-python
http://agentmine.com/blog/2006/02/19...ce-in-python-2

Terry Reedy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
..rufy.com/2006/08/mapreduce-for-ruby-ridiculously-easy.html

> Consider bugging this guy to release the code.
> http://agentmine.com/blog/2005/11/30...duce-in-python

WARNING This site downloaded IExplore trojan VBS/Psyme.
VirusScan blocked it for me.

> http://agentmine.com/blog/2006/02/19...ce-in-python-2

Don't, he already said he will release when done and is bugged about
requests already.