Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Reconnecting Network Drives after rebbot

Reconnecting Network Drives after rebbot

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

I am having a problem because I use a Segate 300G drive connected to my
network. When Windows comes up it appears that it attempts to connect before
the wireless network connection is up. Therefore, I always have to manually
reconnect the network drive after I reboot. Is there anyway to fix this
problem?
--
Jerry Lankford

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

Jack,
I'm using Windows XP. All I have to do to manually reconnect is
click on the drive in Windows explorer. However, other programs such as my
backup software, quickbooks and itunes just fail when I start them without
doing the manual step.

It would be nice if there were a way to just schedule an access every 5
minutes or so, that would solve the problem.
--
Jerry Lankford

"Jack (MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> What OS you are relating to?
> What do you do to manually reconnect?
> If it is Win2000 just check it not to deliver the connection message any more.
> If every thing is configured correctly the Drive will be available.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am having a problem because I use a Segate 300G drive connected to my
> > network. When Windows comes up it appears that it attempts to connect before
> > the wireless network connection is up. Therefore, I always have to manually
> > reconnect the network drive after I reboot. Is there anyway to fix this
> > problem?
> > --
> > Jerry Lankford

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
What OS you are relating to?
What do you do to manually reconnect?
If it is Win2000 just check it not to deliver the connection message any more.
If every thing is configured correctly the Drive will be available.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having a problem because I use a Segate 300G drive connected to my
> network. When Windows comes up it appears that it attempts to connect before
> the wireless network connection is up. Therefore, I always have to manually
> reconnect the network drive after I reboot. Is there anyway to fix this
> problem?
> --
> Jerry Lankford

=?Utf-8?B?SGFyYWxk?=

Hi Jerry,

Did you solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue with my NAS drives.

Regards,

Harald

"Jerry" wrote:

> Jack,
> I'm using Windows XP. All I have to do to manually reconnect is
> click on the drive in Windows explorer. However, other programs such as my
> backup software, quickbooks and itunes just fail when I start them without
> doing the manual step.
>
> It would be nice if there were a way to just schedule an access every 5
> minutes or so, that would solve the problem.
> --
> Jerry Lankford
>

> "Jack (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > What OS you are relating to?
> > What do you do to manually reconnect?
> > If it is Win2000 just check it not to deliver the connection message any more.
> > If every thing is configured correctly the Drive will be available.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >
> > "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I am having a problem because I use a Segate 300G drive connected to my
> > > network. When Windows comes up it appears that it attempts to connect before
> > > the wireless network connection is up. Therefore, I always have to manually
> > > reconnect the network drive after I reboot. Is there anyway to fix this
> > > problem?
> > > --
> > > Jerry Lankford

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

Unfortunately No.
--
Jerry Lankford

"Harald" wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> Did you solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue with my NAS drives.
>
> Regards,
>
> Harald
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> > I'm using Windows XP. All I have to do to manually reconnect is
> > click on the drive in Windows explorer. However, other programs such as my
> > backup software, quickbooks and itunes just fail when I start them without
> > doing the manual step.
> >
> > It would be nice if there were a way to just schedule an access every 5
> > minutes or so, that would solve the problem.
> > --
> > Jerry Lankford
> >

> > "Jack (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > What OS you are relating to?
> > > What do you do to manually reconnect?
> > > If it is Win2000 just check it not to deliver the connection message any more.
> > > If every thing is configured correctly the Drive will be available.
> > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> > >
> > > "Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Network drives not reconnecting after reboot when on wireless Klaus Jensen Wireless Networking 5 06-29-2009 02:12 PM
Reconnecting Chat Client Sameer Java 0 03-03-2005 08:08 PM
Reconnecting a zip file Hockey Buff Computer Support 4 04-29-2004 03:10 AM
Reconnecting to a JMS Queue (J2EE RI) Marius Java 0 11-05-2003 07:39 PM

Advertisments