Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 7206VXR doesn't like power supplies in bay 2

7206VXR doesn't like power supplies in bay 2

usenet2004@nerdhaven.net

Last week I was looking at sh env all output on one of our
VXRs and noticed "Power supply 2 ... Unit is off." I went to
investagate --- the power switch was on, power cable was firmly
connected, etc. I concluded the P/S had died for some unknown
reason, and replaced it with a spare. I was not paying as much
attention as I should have been at the time, and beyond noting
the green light coming on on the back of the P/S, did nothing to
confirm it was actually working.

A few days later I was looking at sh env all output again and
saw the same thing. Investigated again, swapped in yet another
spare (this one pulled ten minutes earlier from a working
7206). This time I was paying more attention, and saw that
the green light came on --- and then almost immediately went
off again. My assumption is that the same thing happened last
week, and I just wasn't paying enough attention to notice ---
but it's only an assumption.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? and what, if anything,
can be done to fix it?
Thanks in advance,

---Carl Alexander
xela AT terc DOT edu