Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > ASUS P4T-E dies...

ASUS P4T-E dies...

r@d@r r@d@r is offline
Junior Member

I am looking for my third socket 478 P4T-E now... This started out as such a good board [instantly overclocked my 1.6 to 2.2] but now I hate it.

I had exactly the same experience with this board twice, both times the mobo died and computer would not reboot... fans/drives powered on fine, no beeps... Tried new everything (piecewise) not suspecting the mobo until that was all that was left. R^2 mobo and everything works again - yea! (until that one died again now 1yr later).

Now I am stuck with a bunch of RDRAM and a top-end AGP video card that still has a lot of (half)life in it... Any suggestions (these boards are hard to find).