Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Help with a command

Help with a command

John

Hi all,

crypto map testmap local-address FastEthernet0/0

We have a router in India, the usual set up, they have a T1 to their
provider with a serial ip address and behind that, they have an
ethernet network with a small ip block.

I want to do a ipsec vpn tunnel to a firewall here in the US, and
ofcourse I want it to work, so is it correct to use FastEthernet or
should I have used Serial0/0/0 something? I want the traffic coming
from their LAN encrypted.

Thanks,

-John

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

John wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> crypto map testmap local-address FastEthernet0/0
>
> We have a router in India, the usual set up, they have a T1 to their
> provider with a serial ip address and behind that, they have an
> ethernet network with a small ip block.
>
> I want to do a ipsec vpn tunnel to a firewall here in the US, and
> ofcourse I want it to work, so is it correct to use FastEthernet or
> should I have used Serial0/0/0 something? I want the traffic coming
> from their LAN encrypted.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk58...ples_list.html
Master list of crypto configuration examples:-
IPSec on Router to Router

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk58...80093c26.shtml
IPSec Manual Keying Between Routers Configuration Example

Should get you going.
There is no NAT here but you do not seem to want that.