Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Help with a command

Help with a command

John

Hi all,

crypto map testmap local-address FastEthernet0/0

We have a router in India, the usual set up, they have a T1 to their
provider with a serial ip address and behind that, they have an
ethernet network with a small ip block.

I want to do a ipsec vpn tunnel to a firewall here in the US, and
ofcourse I want it to work, so is it correct to use FastEthernet or
should I have used Serial0/0/0 something? I want the traffic coming
from their LAN encrypted.

A side question: Once this is working and the config on the firewall is
fine, do you have to "open" the tunnel? how does it work?

Thanks,

-John