Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Shared Network Printer Problem

Shared Network Printer Problem

Frank Malone

I am using xp SP2, DSL, Linksys WRT54G router, computer1 connected to router
with
CAT5, computer2 is wireless. Computer1 can print files to either printer
which are using a usb cable to each printer on computer1. Computer1 can go
to the shared docs on computer2 and print on either printer. Computer2 shows
both printers on computer1 but won't print on either printer. Computer2 can
open the shared docs folder on computer1 but can't print doc. Any help on
why computer2 can't print doc on shared printers. Computer1 and computer2
can share each others shared files. It seems like since I can copy files
from one computer to the other security is all ok. Computer2 I can try to
print a test page and looks like its seeing printers and is going to print
but printer never starts printing. So if anyone can help please do.

Malke

Frank Malone wrote:

> I am using xp SP2, DSL, Linksys WRT54G router, computer1 connected to
> router with

(snip)

Please see the answers you received in your first thread. Please do not
make a new post for the same question only a little while apart.
Because people who help out in these newsgroups live all over the world
and are volunteers with Real Lives(tm), allow at least 24 hours before
making a new post for the same question.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com