Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > This is a stupid question, but hopefully someone here can help

This is a stupid question, but hopefully someone here can help

Sym

Els wrote:

> You mean you actually pay to read only?
> Try this one: http://news.individual.net/

Sorry - i mean i dont pay, i just use a free one. Having said that my
isp probably has nntp but i kinda like using gg (shock horror) in a ff
tab as i also browse other real gg's.

Interesting tho the amount of critisism gg's get on the nntp circuit.

Els

Sym wrote:

[no write access on nntp subscription]
> Sorry - i mean i dont pay, i just use a free one. Having said that my
> isp probably has nntp but i kinda like using gg (shock horror) in a ff
> tab as i also browse other real gg's.

Okay, so the reason you post using GG is not because you don't have
write access, but because you prefer to use GG.

> Interesting tho the amount of critisism gg's get on the nntp circuit.

Not without reason:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Jonathan N. Little

Sym wrote:
> Els wrote:
>
>> You mean you actually pay to read only?
>> Try this one: http://news.individual.net/

> Sorry - i mean i dont pay, i just use a free one. Having said that my
> isp probably has nntp but i kinda like using gg (shock horror) in a ff
> tab as i also browse other real gg's.
>
> Interesting tho the amount of critisism gg's get on the nntp circuit.

Because in general Google Groupies in their blissful ignorance have a
tendency to think Usenet *is* Google Groups and post as if they are
posting to a website's guestbook.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Sym

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Because in general Google Groupies in their blissful ignorance have a
> tendency to think Usenet *is* Google Groups and post as if they are
> posting to a website's guestbook.

Your secret nntp club has been opened to the uneducated masses -- oohhh
noooo

lol

Jonathan N. Little

Sym wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Because in general Google Groupies in their blissful ignorance have a
>> tendency to think Usenet *is* Google Groups and post as if they are
>> posting to a website's guestbook.

> Your secret nntp club has been opened to the uneducated masses -- oohhh
> noooo

No it is just very annoying when one is using a real newsreader that we
cannot see the whole thread as webpage and

1) Notice be simple observation how to participate in posting
2) When informed of the 'rules of usenet' etiquette get belligerent.

That's rude in my book....

--
Take care,

Jonathan

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> 2) When informed of the 'rules of usenet' etiquette get belligerent.

I hope you are not including me in that one - i have been very tongue
in cheek ......