Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco PIX woes with MS Cert Service on Windows 2000

Cisco PIX woes with MS Cert Service on Windows 2000

kcpaige@gmail.com

To all, we have our certificate service running standalone mode on one
of our Windows 2000 servers. Among other things, we use the Cert Svr
to issues certificates to our Cisco networking products, e.g., our PIX,
via the mscep.

Here is the problem, our CA certificate was successfully renewed.
However, the Certificate Server's RA encryption and signing
certificates have expired. I see no way to cause them to be renewed.
If anyone can provide a clue or a pointer on how to renew these
certificates the help would be appreciated.

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate the Tek-Tips Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Forum:

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=96

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

Ken

Thanks for the suggestion Brad.

To follow up with this problem:

The solution to getting new RA certs is to reinstall the mscep utility.
It generates the RA certs each time it is installed. You don't have to
uninstall it; just run the installer again.

This solution was provided by the good people at Microsoft Professional
Support Services.