Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > javascript checkbox

javascript checkbox

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,

just wondering about something i noticed.

if i add a new html page to my project and i drag a checkbox out on to the
page and double-click it to create a client-side click event i get the
following:

onclick="return Checkbox1_onclick()

why do you need the return keyword?

thanks,
rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmE=?=

rodchar,

if the script function (if some validation logic fails) returns false,
checkbox will not be checked (if it is in unchecked state) otherwise, it will
change to checked state.

Regards,
Augustin
http://augustinprasanna.blogspot.com