Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Profile location

Profile location

Stubby

I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on the
Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for all
programs?

During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is being
setup and given a chance to change it.

Ed Mullen

Stubby wrote:
> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on the
> Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for all
> programs?
>
> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is being
> setup and given a chance to change it.

There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
Go ahead and add your two cents.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Stubby

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
>> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
>> all programs?
>>
>> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
>> being setup and given a chance to change it.

> There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
> Go ahead and add your two cents.

I get "Server not found" on that site (and www.m...)
Firefox is just one program. I'm also interested in the same change to
Thunderbird and Sunbird.

gwtc

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
>> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
>> all programs?
>>
>> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
>> being setup and given a chance to change it.

> There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
> Go ahead and add your two cents.

you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org

--
Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, after which
you'll be afraid to cough.

Stubby

gwtc wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Stubby wrote:
>>> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
>>> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
>>> all programs?
>>>
>>> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
>>> being setup and given a chance to change it.

>> There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
>> Go ahead and add your two cents.
>>

> you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
> the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org

Blank screen. NFG.

gwtc

Stubby wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> There's a poll running now on new features in
>>> mozilla.support.firefox. Go ahead and add your two cents.
>>>

>> you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
>> the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org
>>

> Blank screen. NFG.

its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
left, and add the account.

--

gwtc wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>>

>> gwtc wrote:

>>> you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
>>> the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org
>>>

>> Blank screen. NFG.

> its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
> browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
> Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
> left, and add the account.

Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my suggestion.

gwtc

Stubby wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>> Stubby wrote:

>>> Blank screen. NFG.

>> its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
>> browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
>> Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
>> left, and add the account.
>>

> Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
> news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my suggestion.

the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
This is for support for using FF

--

gwtc wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>>

>> gwtc wrote:

>>> its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
>>> browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
>>> Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
>>> left, and add the account.
>>>

>> Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
>> news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my
>> suggestion.
>>

> the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
> This is for support for using FF

I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
"developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

dazycraz@AT.com

About 10 replies and no one still knows where the profile is
located.... Pretty sad !!!!