Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Record Audio Analysis

Record Audio Analysis

Jo Chase

I would like to record audio from a mic and perform some basic analysis on
the audio wave patterns produced. What would be the easiest way to
accomplish this in Python?

Frank LaFond

Jo Chase wrote:
> I would like to record audio from a mic and perform some basic analysis on
> the audio wave patterns produced. What would be the easiest way to
> accomplish this in Python?

Take a look at http://pymedia.org

I think it allows the features you want.

Frank.

Jeffrey Barish

Frank LaFond wrote:

> Jo Chase wrote:
>> I would like to record audio from a mic and perform some basic analysis
>> on
>> the audio wave patterns produced. What would be the easiest way to
>> accomplish this in Python?

> Take a look at http://pymedia.org
>
> I think it allows the features you want.
>
> Frank.

Or try PySonic (http://pysonic.sourceforge.net/) if you prefer a package
that actually works.
--