Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Seamonkey or Firefox+TB?

Seamonkey or Firefox+TB?

marcel

Hi all knowlegeable people,
can you help me to decide what to choose? Presently I'm using Firefox
and added recently Thunderbird. But I see that Seamonkey can play both
tools and more. Have you a convincing suggestion for me as I prefer
not to double tools.
BTW, I have a subsidary question:
can I play with Seamonkey without perturbing Firefox/thunderbird?
Thanks for reading and help.
marcel

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

marcel wrote:
> Hi all knowlegeable people,
> can you help me to decide what to choose? Presently I'm using Firefox
> and added recently Thunderbird. But I see that Seamonkey can play both
> tools and more. Have you a convincing suggestion for me as I prefer
> not to double tools.
> BTW, I have a subsidary question:
> can I play with Seamonkey without perturbing Firefox/thunderbird?
> Thanks for reading and help.
> marcel

Its a matter of choice, YOUR choice. There are advantages and
disadantages to each model (all in one suite or component programs).

Yes, you can have both on your computer, and they play nice with each
other. I have Firefox, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Camino, Thunderbird and
Safari on my computer - can even have them all running at the same time!
So, yes, you can try them both out. By all means, try them both out, see
which you prefer.

For a comparison between SeaMonkey and Firefox/Thunderbird
http://ilias.ca/SeamonkeyvsFirefox

marcel

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:59:58 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>marcel wrote:
>> Hi all knowlegeable people,
>> can you help me to decide what to choose? Presently I'm using Firefox
>> and added recently Thunderbird. But I see that Seamonkey can play both
>> tools and more. Have you a convincing suggestion for me as I prefer
>> not to double tools.
>> BTW, I have a subsidary question:
>> can I play with Seamonkey without perturbing Firefox/thunderbird?
>> Thanks for reading and help.
>> marcel

>Its a matter of choice, YOUR choice. There are advantages and
>disadantages to each model (all in one suite or component programs).
>
>Yes, you can have both on your computer, and they play nice with each
>other. I have Firefox, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Camino, Thunderbird and
> Safari on my computer - can even have them all running at the same time!
>So, yes, you can try them both out. By all means, try them both out, see
>which you prefer.
>
>For a comparison between SeaMonkey and Firefox/Thunderbird
>http://ilias.ca/SeamonkeyvsFirefox

Thanks a lot Dan, I will play safe immediatly.
Have a nice day.
marcel