Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Which 2924?

Which 2924?

John Oliver

I want to get a 2924 (or equivalent) for my colo cabinet that will let
me set up and monitor several VLANs. I see many different variations of
the model numbers on eBay, and am wondering if there are certain models
I should look for or avoid.

Also, if anyone has a recommendation for a good, reputable vendor...
I've had good luck buying stuff on eBay so far, but wouldn't stick at
paying a few more bucks to someone I know isn't going to disappear to
Romania as soon as they have my $$$

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, joliver@john-
oliver.net says...
> I want to get a 2924 (or equivalent) for my colo cabinet that will let
> me set up and monitor several VLANs. I see many different variations of
> the model numbers on eBay, and am wondering if there are certain models
> I should look for or avoid.
>
> Also, if anyone has a recommendation for a good, reputable vendor...
> I've had good luck buying stuff on eBay so far, but wouldn't stick at
> paying a few more bucks to someone I know isn't going to disappear to
> Romania as soon as they have my $$$

2924's have been EOS for quite some time. You really should be looking
at 2950s.

--

hsb

BradReeseCom

John,

You may want to investigate SMARTnet Eligible Refurbished Cisco
Availability ( these units are factory refurbished by Cisco ):

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-inventory-search.htm

You have may good dealers in San Diego ( just enter your Zip Code to
find one ):

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resellers.htm

eBay Cisco categories:

http://www.bradreese.com/ebay-cisco-repair.htm