Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Comments on the Zoom V3 Ethernet Router and Gateway

Comments on the Zoom V3 Ethernet Router and Gateway

[L.]

I was wondering if someone has used/tried the following VoIP router
and what their opinions are.

-----------
Zoom V3 4-Port Ethernet 1-Port USB Router and Gateway

The Zoom V3 integrates a router, firewall, four-port 10/100 Ethernet
switch, USB port, and VoIP phone port. A TelePort feature provides a
phone port that lets users use a standard single-line phone for
conventional phone calls or free and very low-cost Voice Over IP
(VoIP) calls. Because the V3 integrates Internet telephony with a full
featured gateway, setup is easy and system security is ensured.
Integration of the voice processing with the firewall in the router
ensures reliability of VoIP calls and reduces service provider support
requirement.

---------

TIA

Lorenz

[L.]

paul123

[L.] wrote:
> I was wondering if someone has used/tried the following VoIP router
> and what their opinions are.
>
> -----------
> Zoom V3 4-Port Ethernet 1-Port USB Router and Gateway
>
> The Zoom V3 integrates a router, firewall, four-port 10/100 Ethernet
> switch, USB port, and VoIP phone port. A TelePort feature provides a
> phone port that lets users use a standard single-line phone for
> conventional phone calls or free and very low-cost Voice Over IP
> (VoIP) calls. Because the V3 integrates Internet telephony with a full
> featured gateway, setup is easy and system security is ensured.
> Integration of the voice processing with the firewall in the router
> ensures reliability of VoIP calls and reduces service provider support
> requirement.

Not played with one of these. I installed an X5v at a friends house.
It's similar, but I think different in that there's an ADSL modem built
in. My friend is very happy with her Sipdiscount setup on it.

More info on both machines here:
[L.] wrote:
> I was wondering if someone has used/tried the following VoIP router
> and what their opinions are.
>
> -----------
> Zoom V3 4-Port Ethernet 1-Port USB Router and Gateway
>
> The Zoom V3 integrates a router, firewall, four-port 10/100 Ethernet
> switch, USB port, and VoIP phone port. A TelePort feature provides a
> phone port that lets users use a standard single-line phone for
> conventional phone calls or free and very low-cost Voice Over IP
> (VoIP) calls. Because the V3 integrates Internet telephony with a full
> featured gateway, setup is easy and system security is ensured.
> Integration of the voice processing with the firewall in the router
> ensures reliability of VoIP calls and reduces service provider support
> requirement.

Not played with one of these, but I installed an x5v at a friend's
house. The x5v has an adsl modem built in, but is basically the same,
methinks. She's very happy with the results and her Sipdiscount setup.

More here:
http://www.zoom.com/graphics/datashe...lReference.pdf

If you get one and need the Betamax set up details, I have a copy
somewhere.