Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Son of suckerfish onClick problem

Son of suckerfish onClick problem

Chris

I am using the son of Suckerfish dropdown technique to do drop down menus.
It is really cool but you need to attach some events to the LI and UL tags
to get it to work in IE(see http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/). As
well as the hover creating a popup I would like to click on an an item to
create the popup. Adding the onClick event works but suddenly the mouseout
doesn't remove the popup. Can anyone help.

sfHover = function() {

var sfEls = document.getElementById("nav").getElementsByTagNam e("LI");

for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++)

{

sfEls[i].onclick=function()

{

this.className+=" sfhover";

}

sfEls[i].onmouseover=function()

{

this.className+=" sfhover";

}

sfEls[i].onmouseout=function()

{

this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp(" sfhover\\b"), "");

}

}

}

if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload", sfHover);

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
vouchsafed:

> I am using the son of Suckerfish dropdown technique to do drop down
> menus. It is really cool but you need to attach some events to the LI
> and UL tags to get it to work in IE(see
> http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/). As well as the hover
> creating a popup I would like to click on an an item to create the
> popup. Adding the onClick event works but suddenly the mouseout
> doesn't remove the popup. Can anyone help.

This sounds like a focus matter.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.

CSS - horizontal suckerfish problem z HTML 14 11-09-2006 08:04 PM
Son of Suckerfish Chris HTML 2 07-16-2006 08:08 AM
Suckerfish CSS drop-down menu problem (major IE inconsistency!) Neo Geshel HTML 81 07-10-2006 02:34 AM
Schizophrenic Internet Explorer - Suckerfish Drop-downs Neo Geshel HTML 6 10-24-2004 10:59 AM
Suckerfish & .js delay with IE - preload external .js? Victoria Clare HTML 1 08-16-2004 10:42 AM

Advertisments