Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD image vibrates

DVD image vibrates

Blnd2Spll

I just got a new hdtv, Panasonic 52" 720p, and I am using a SONY dvd
player with progressive scan turned on (though this problem happens
when I use a cheap dvd player as well). In certain scenes in several
dvds I have watched, the image appears to be vibrating or shifting up
and down or side to side slightly. It often appears during a
stationary camera shot, when there are thin dark objects in from of a
stark white background. It's definitely not an illusion, as when you
are up close to the screen you can actually see the image move. Has
anyone else experienced this, and would you think this is related to
the dvd's or to the TV? Thanks.