Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

News Reader

Hi,

Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.

Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
(over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
free rather than hours ! - lol!).

In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
minutes no more free calls were permitted!).

Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
/ etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub 5 per month
(preferably substantially sub that mark).

Best wishes,

News Reader

^^artnada^^

News Reader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
> thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.
>
> Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
> (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
> FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused
> (total
> call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
> redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5
> minutes
> free rather than hours ! - lol!).
>
> In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
> however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about
> 5
> minutes no more free calls were permitted!).
>
> Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial
> offer
> / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous
> offerings.
>
> What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
> VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub 5 per
> month
> (preferably substantially sub that mark).
>

> Best wishes,
>

> News Reader

I have just started using http://www.freetalk.co.uk/ @ 6.99 p/month
unlimited UK landline/National calls. subject to re-dialing @ 60 mins.

Well happy with it. Quality is good, no drop outs etc.
http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

paul123

News Reader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
> thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.
>
> Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
> (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
> FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
> call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
> redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
> free rather than hours ! - lol!).
>
> In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
> however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
> minutes no more free calls were permitted!).
>
> Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
> / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

yes, strange things happening there..... Certainly aint doing what it's
supposed to.

News Reader

"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:echsqi$aat$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,

Thanks for your input / posts.

Best wishes,