Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Pix Help

Cisco Pix Help

zylinius1983@gmail.com

Hello.

I have a cisco pix firewall that I don't have the VPNGroup password. I
have multiple remote clients that have pre configured VPN routers for
thier home offices. The system was set up by an outside IT company
that we no longer have a contract with due to their immoral behavior
with our software licensing and hardware purchases. I have full access
to the firewall. Is there a way for me to decrypt the vpngroup
password so that I don't have to reconfigure all of the remote routers?
Thanks

Brian V

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello.
>
> I have a cisco pix firewall that I don't have the VPNGroup password. I
> have multiple remote clients that have pre configured VPN routers for
> thier home offices. The system was set up by an outside IT company
> that we no longer have a contract with due to their immoral behavior
> with our software licensing and hardware purchases. I have full access
> to the firewall. Is there a way for me to decrypt the vpngroup
> password so that I don't have to reconfigure all of the remote routers?
> Thanks

yup, do a "write net". It will decrypt all keys. You'll need to setup a tftp
server for the pix to write to.
-Brian

Pete S

Check this out....
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/..._v1/tr1925.htm

Paul

On 23 Aug 2006 07:47:06 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I have a cisco pix firewall that I don't have the VPNGroup password. I
>have multiple remote clients that have pre configured VPN routers for
>thier home offices. The system was set up by an outside IT company
>that we no longer have a contract with due to their immoral behavior
>with our software licensing and hardware purchases. I have full access
>to the firewall. Is there a way for me to decrypt the vpngroup
>password so that I don't have to reconfigure all of the remote routers?
>Thanks

http://www.usenet.com

zylinius1983@gmail.com

Thanks for the Help.