Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Resize whole datagrid, not only columns!

Resize whole datagrid, not only columns!

tasiekk@tlen.pl

I need to know how i can resize datagrid on a page when user will
resize web browser window or maximize this window. Resizeing normal DIV
is simple - expression but i dont know how to resize more complicated
control like datagrid.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSmVzc2Vl?=

The datagrid, from a browser's standpoint is just an html TABLE
you can always just set its width to be some persentage (e.g. 100%) and let
the browser take care of it, or you can set its height and height style
attributes via javascript

tasiekk@tlen.pl

David Jessee napisal(a):
> The datagrid, from a browser's standpoint is just an html TABLE
> you can always just set its width to be some persentage (e.g. 100%) and let
> the browser take care of it, or you can set its height and height style
> attributes via javascript

I made grid layout panel width
expression(parseInt(body.clientWidth)*0.9
and a datagrid width i set up for 98%. Both controls start in same
place but their width are not same! ... they end in diffrent places
When i set up datagrid width for 100% datagrid width isnt a whole web
browser width, its still even shorter than panel. What i do wrong ??

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSmVzc2Vl?=

When you say 100% the browser interprets that as being 100% (or 98%) of the
container that holds the object (what the datagrid is inside of).

Are you using absolute positioning?

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> David Jessee napisal(a):
> > The datagrid, from a browser's standpoint is just an html TABLE
> > you can always just set its width to be some persentage (e.g. 100%) and let
> > the browser take care of it, or you can set its height and height style
> > attributes via javascript

> I made grid layout panel width
> expression(parseInt(body.clientWidth)*0.9
> and a datagrid width i set up for 98%. Both controls start in same
> place but their width are not same! ... they end in diffrent places
> When i set up datagrid width for 100% datagrid width isnt a whole web
> browser width, its still even shorter than panel. What i do wrong ??

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSmVzc2Vl?=

Just re-read your post....if you can, stay away from the Grid Layout
(absolute positioning). It creates all sorts of problems like this.