Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to split an ISO file or DVD

How to split an ISO file or DVD

DaveT

I have DVD's which I have recorded off the air or from the
Tivo. Each DVD has two or more titles. Now I have a new, big
hard drive and I want to save the individual titles to the
hard drive. I can save .ISO files of the entire DVD and play
them, menu and all using Daemon Tools, just like the
original DVD. I can save a bunch of .VOB and other files for
whatever purpose but I cannot find a way to get back the
individual titles.

I have experimented with Premiere, Nero, and a whole bunch
of various shareware and other programs I found online, but
I cannot seem to get this done. Thanks for any help.
Dave.

Bob

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:13:07 -0700, DaveT <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have DVD's which I have recorded off the air or from the
>Tivo. Each DVD has two or more titles. Now I have a new, big
>hard drive and I want to save the individual titles to the
>hard drive. I can save .ISO files of the entire DVD and play
>them, menu and all using Daemon Tools, just like the
>original DVD. I can save a bunch of .VOB and other files for
>whatever purpose but I cannot find a way to get back the
>individual titles.
>
>I have experimented with Premiere, Nero, and a whole bunch
>of various shareware and other programs I found online, but
>I cannot seem to get this done. Thanks for any help.

Video ReDo is a VOB editor.

--

Rope, Tree, Journalist - some assembly required.

Steve(JazzHunter)

wrote:

>I have DVD's which I have recorded off the air or from the
>Tivo. Each DVD has two or more titles. Now I have a new, big
>hard drive and I want to save the individual titles to the
>hard drive. I can save .ISO files of the entire DVD and play
>them, menu and all using Daemon Tools, just like the
>original DVD. I can save a bunch of .VOB and other files for
>whatever purpose but I cannot find a way to get back the
>individual titles.
>
>I have experimented with Premiere, Nero, and a whole bunch
>of various shareware and other programs I found online, but
>I cannot seem to get this done. Thanks for any help.
>Dave.

DVDdecrypter, set to IFO mode, under options/IFO mode set as one vob,
then under streaming select one film at a time to rip.. This will
recover the complete mpeg used for each film.

... Steve ..

DaveT

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bob) wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:13:07 -0700, DaveT <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I have DVD's which I have recorded off the air or from the
>>Tivo. Each DVD has two or more titles. Now I have a new, big
>>hard drive and I want to save the individual titles to the
>>hard drive. I can save .ISO files of the entire DVD and play
>>them, menu and all using Daemon Tools, just like the
>>original DVD. I can save a bunch of .VOB and other files for
>>whatever purpose but I cannot find a way to get back the
>>individual titles.
>>
>>I have experimented with Premiere, Nero, and a whole bunch
>>of various shareware and other programs I found online, but
>>I cannot seem to get this done. Thanks for any help.

>Video ReDo is a VOB editor.

Thanks. I'll try it.