Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Process, etc.

Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Process, etc.

News Reader

Hi,

Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) seem to have
introduced a new credit refunding / expiry policy.

Namely - expired credit will be restored on next top-up (in addition to the
previous policy of being retained if buying additional credit before expiry
of existing credit) and remaining credit (as I read both pre and post
expiry) will be refunded directly to a specified bank account.

The important or interesting bit is how the latter is achieved. As it seems
nigh on impossible to contact this organisation (either directly to the firm
/ branded variant in question or directly to / with the parent organisation)
how the credit refunding might be achieved. Anyone with insight, input,
knowledge, experience of this or ideas concerning this would be most greatly
appreciated if they can post concerning this.

In short, it sounds as though it should be possible to achieve something
like the previous arrangements where the credit does not expire (or can be
used in a less restrictive or regimented format - i.e. without such a strict
time frame limit). I.e. top-up 10 use say 2 over 120 days, have the
remaining 8 recredited by direct banks transfer (IBAN / BACS, etc.) and
then re-credit another 10 effectively requiring only the previously used 2
to be new funds.

Hope this makes sense, is useful, etc. Ultimately I hope / it is hoped that
this post / thread and issue / etc. will result in a defined and successful
process for the refunding of remaining credit (expired or otherwise) such
that a more potentially "fair" or economic use of this / these / their
service(s) can be made.

I look forward to and appreciate any and all input.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Harry Stottle

"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ecfah7$7mc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>

> Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) seem to have
> introduced a new credit refunding / expiry policy.
>
> Namely - expired credit will be restored on next top-up (in addition
> to the
> previous policy of being retained if buying additional credit before
> expiry
> of existing credit) and remaining credit (as I read both pre and post
> expiry) will be refunded directly to a specified bank account.
>
> The important or interesting bit is how the latter is achieved. As it
> seems
> nigh on impossible to contact this organisation (either directly to
> the firm
> / branded variant in question or directly to / with the parent
> organisation)
> how the credit refunding might be achieved. Anyone with insight,
> input,
> knowledge, experience of this or ideas concerning this would be most
> greatly
> appreciated if they can post concerning this.

It might also be worth checking if there is an administration fee for
such refunds.
Easymobile have a 5.00 administration charge for refunds, and it seems
that some people with less than 5.00 in their account when they closed
it have been charged the 5.00, even if a refund had not been requested,
so if they were 1.00 in credit at close, the 5.00 fee made them 4.00
overdrawn, and Easymobile then wanted the 4.00.

News Reader

"Harry Stottle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMHGg.14236$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ecfah7$7mc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Hi,

> It might also be worth checking if there is an administration fee for
> such refunds.
> Easymobile have a 5.00 administration charge for refunds, and it seems
> that some people with less than 5.00 in their account when they closed
> it have been charged the 5.00, even if a refund had not been requested,
> so if they were 1.00 in credit at close, the 5.00 fee made them 4.00
> overdrawn, and Easymobile then wanted the 4.00.

Hi,

Sounds a lot like easy Group company policy / business approach!

Lolo.

Best wishes and thanks for your input,

News Reader

News Reader

* BUMP *

> Hi,
>

> Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) seem to have
> introduced a new credit refunding / expiry policy.
>
> Namely - expired credit will be restored on next top-up (in addition to

the
> previous policy of being retained if buying additional credit before

expiry
> of existing credit) and remaining credit (as I read both pre and post
> expiry) will be refunded directly to a specified bank account.
>
> The important or interesting bit is how the latter is achieved. As it

seems
> nigh on impossible to contact this organisation (either directly to the

firm
> / branded variant in question or directly to / with the parent

organisation)
> how the credit refunding might be achieved. Anyone with insight, input,
> knowledge, experience of this or ideas concerning this would be most

greatly
> appreciated if they can post concerning this.
>
> In short, it sounds as though it should be possible to achieve something
> like the previous arrangements where the credit does not expire (or can be
> used in a less restrictive or regimented format - i.e. without such a

strict
> time frame limit). I.e. top-up 10 use say 2 over 120 days, have the
> remaining 8 recredited by direct banks transfer (IBAN / BACS, etc.) and
> then re-credit another 10 effectively requiring only the previously used

2
> to be new funds.
>
> Hope this makes sense, is useful, etc. Ultimately I hope / it is hoped

that
> this post / thread and issue / etc. will result in a defined and

successful
> process for the refunding of remaining credit (expired or otherwise) such
> that a more potentially "fair" or economic use of this / these / their
> service(s) can be made.
>
> I look forward to and appreciate any and all input.
>

> Best wishes,
>

> News Reader

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh News Reader:
> * BUMP *

Pointless on Newsgroups.

Also when people bump threads the person bumping will be ignored as it
is annoying as it adds nothing to the thread.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

aris@my-deja.com

News Reader wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) seem to have
> introduced a new credit refunding / expiry policy.
>
> Namely - expired credit will be restored on next top-up (in addition to the
> previous policy of being retained if buying additional credit before expiry
> of existing credit) and remaining credit (as I read both pre and post
> expiry) will be refunded directly to a specified bank account.

I have noticed on my voipdiscount account that my 'expired' credit is
still there - but what it say is "Your Freedays are over. If you want
new Free Days, buy new credit". I'm assuming then that I still have my
credit, but am unable to make free calls. Sounds fair to me.

Aris

DMac

> I have noticed on my voipdiscount account that my 'expired' credit is
> still there - but what it say is "Your Freedays are over. If you want
> new Free Days, buy new credit". I'm assuming then that I still have my
> credit, but am unable to make free calls.

You can make calls but at the going rate. So you just use up your euros.
Think it is only relevant to accounts where you have only recently lost
your credit
I have a internet calls account which had a few quid left in it but my
balance is showing 0.00
Not sure if it is worth risking 10E to see if I can "recover" 3

Fans of Finarea ( lol - More like some useful links to info about Finarea) News Reader UK VOIP 5 09-13-2006 05:06 PM
Finarea/Betamax Lottery Graham UK VOIP 3 09-06-2006 10:37 PM
BUMP - Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Process, etc. News Reader UK VOIP 0 08-24-2006 03:33 PM
VoIPCheap/Stunt/SIPDiscount/Et.al - Mobile - Top-up Expiry Period -- Campaign for Correct Expiry Period on Finarea VOIP Service Mobile Top-Ups News Reader UK VOIP 16 06-26-2006 05:03 PM
Finarea >>> Betamax paul123 UK VOIP 10 01-08-2006 12:23 PM

Advertisments