Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css transparencies

css transparencies

Cinamon Thunder

Hi guys

http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm

Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
firefox on apple mac..

Any idea why?

I have:

filter:alpha(opacity=70);
-moz-opacity:0.7;
opacity:0.7;

Jonathan N. Little

Cinamon Thunder wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm
>
> Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
> firefox on apple mac..
>
> Any idea why?
>
> I have:
>
> filter:alpha(opacity=70);
> -moz-opacity:0.7;
> opacity:0.7;

Works as expected on Win2K SeaMonkey/Firefox, IE, Opera...might be a
'Mac-thing'. Not crazy about your layout though...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Cinamon Thunder wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm

> <snip>
> Not crazy about your layout though...

Neither am I.

1. The Googlebot will have a hard time with this site. a lot of the
(sparse) content is within images.
2. There is no background color assigned, so I see my ugly default
purple.
3. Those large graphics - the ones that take up the whole center of the
page - are too heavy. Reduce the number of bytes; they are slow to load,
even with my fast cable connection.
4. Inconsistencies: footer not present on all pages.
5. That pale green color does not go well with the sepia-tone pictures,
at least in my opinion.
6. Strange mix of <table>s and <div>s. Let's blame that on DreamWeaver
or FrontPlague (guessing one of those was used). <spit>

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <ecenv2$9jp$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Cinamon Thunder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm
>
> Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
> firefox on apple mac..
>
> Any idea why?
>
> I have:
>
> filter:alpha(opacity=70);
> -moz-opacity:0.7;
> opacity:0.7;

I have posted a screenshot of it on Safari on my Mac (Tiger) at

http://members.optusnet.com.au/droov...cs/wedding.jpg

(get rid of the big main background image, it is altogether too
much. How do I know this? I know, because my daughter is getting
married soon... and I would not wish it upon her or her guests...)

--
dorayme