Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster online useless

Blockbuster online useless

mswlogo

Is it just me, but searching for "popular" movies on BlockBuster Online
terrible.

I want the "latest" popular DVD's.

They have one Top 100 list which is top movies since they started I
think. It's useless.

There "recently release" is broken down into 50 catagories. I don't
want to peck through catagories.

Why do so many of the top 100 Movies only have 3 stars?

Their new web site is no better and very slow. Same exact content just
a new look and feel.

What's the top rentals in August, July, 2006 to date, or First Quarter
etc. that's what I want.
Are there any web sites that have this info, is NetFlix any better (it
looked worse from what I could see as a non-subscriber).

The service has been ok, DVD's been a little beaten up but all but one
has played and someone lost a DVD returning it and it was a total non
issue and they just sent me the next one.

When I walk into a Block Buster Store I can see a Huge wall of "New
Releases" that are maybe up to 9 mo's in one place. AND THEY CAN'T seem
to do that electronically !!!

I know I'm missing a bunch of movies that I can't remember and would if
they were presented concisely.

Phisherman

On 21 Aug 2006 19:57:21 -0700, "mswlogo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it just me, but searching for "popular" movies on BlockBuster Online
>terrible.
>
>I want the "latest" popular DVD's.
>
>They have one Top 100 list which is top movies since they started I
>think. It's useless.
>
>There "recently release" is broken down into 50 catagories. I don't
>want to peck through catagories.
>
>Why do so many of the top 100 Movies only have 3 stars?
>
>Their new web site is no better and very slow. Same exact content just
>a new look and feel.
>
>What's the top rentals in August, July, 2006 to date, or First Quarter
>etc. that's what I want.
>Are there any web sites that have this info, is NetFlix any better (it
>looked worse from what I could see as a non-subscriber).
>
>The service has been ok, DVD's been a little beaten up but all but one
>has played and someone lost a DVD returning it and it was a total non
>issue and they just sent me the next one.
>
>When I walk into a Block Buster Store I can see a Huge wall of "New
>Releases" that are maybe up to 9 mo's in one place. AND THEY CAN'T seem
>to do that electronically !!!
>
>I know I'm missing a bunch of movies that I can't remember and would if
>they were presented concisely.

I found the (mortar and concrete) Blockbuster a mess. I entered the
store with a list of 18 movies (one movie is Robinson Crusoe 1954,
another TV Twilight Zone), spent 20 minutes, and left empty-handed. I
had to guess what category that Blockbuster decided to put on a DVD,
then look in that section. If a movie is "drama," "comedy," and
"family" where do I look? Why can't video stores just alphabetize all
the titles? Why can't these stores provide a searchable list? I saw
movies "on the new releases" wall that are dated 2004. <rant off> With
Netflix, I found 15 out of the 18 movies I want in less than 5
minutes.

Bob

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:45:19 GMT, Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why can't these stores provide a searchable list?

BB is one of the worst managed store in existence. It's always been
that way.

--

Rope, Tree, Journalist - some assembly required.