Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX - Static mappings to hosts on remote subnets behind PIX

PIX - Static mappings to hosts on remote subnets behind PIX

btercha@omegasystemscorp.com

Hello -
I was wondering if it is possible to setup static mappings to hosts on
remote IP subnets that are behind the PIX. For example:

Pix outside 1.1.1.1
Pix inside 172.16.144.1

router 172.16.144.2 int e0
router 172.16.145.1 int e1

host 172.16.145.2

The host has its default gateway at 172.16.145.1 and has full IP
connectivity both ways to the PIX and can get out to the internet. Can
I do a static NAT or PAT to the host 172.16.145.2? If so how is this
accomplished? I have tried this without success, I am able to create
static mappings to hosts that are on the same IP subnet as the inside
interface but not to hosts that are on remote IP subnets.

Thanks,
Ben

Brian V

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello -
> I was wondering if it is possible to setup static mappings to hosts on
> remote IP subnets that are behind the PIX. For example:
>
> Pix outside 1.1.1.1
> Pix inside 172.16.144.1
>
> router 172.16.144.2 int e0
> router 172.16.145.1 int e1
>
> host 172.16.145.2
>
> The host has its default gateway at 172.16.145.1 and has full IP
> connectivity both ways to the PIX and can get out to the internet. Can
> I do a static NAT or PAT to the host 172.16.145.2? If so how is this
> accomplished? I have tried this without success, I am able to create
> static mappings to hosts that are on the same IP subnet as the inside
> interface but not to hosts that are on remote IP subnets.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

sure can, done the same as any other static...
for nat
static (inside,outside) <outside ip> <inside ip> netmask 255.255.255.255
for pat
number> netmask 255.255.255.255

make sure the pix has a route for that other subnet (route inside
172.16.45.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.144.2

btercha@omegasystemscorp.com

Thank you for your reply, I will try it again.

Thanks,
Ben