Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Data Only Update

Data Only Update

kpg

Hi all,

I have a complex page that displays data that is updated every 30 seconds.

The data itself can be put in in xml format and is rather small, so I would
like
download the data only every 30 seconds and update the page client side.

I'm sure I can figure something out but I'm sure this has been done before.

What are the possibilities here?

Know any good reference links?

TIA

kpg

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The standard approach would be to use AJAX.
Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Ajax.aspx
http://Atlas.asp.net

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a complex page that displays data that is updated every 30 seconds.
>
> The data itself can be put in in xml format and is rather small, so I
> would like
> download the data only every 30 seconds and update the page client side.
>
> I'm sure I can figure something out but I'm sure this has been done
> before.
>
> What are the possibilities here?
>
> Know any good reference links?
>
> TIA
>
> kpg

kpg

As Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] once said in

> The standard approach would be to use AJAX.
> Here's more info:
> http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Ajax.aspx
> http://Atlas.asp.net

Exactly what I'm looking for - thanks.