Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Ethernet connection erratic

Ethernet connection erratic

08-21-2006
My 8 month-old HP/Compaq desktop MS-XP has developed erratic ethernet problems. In the past - 2 months ago (before vacation) - it worked just fine. Now pinging my router (wired to SMC 'barracade' wireless) fails about 40% of the time. (WS_Ping_ProPack). Worse to URLs. I've replaced cable, network card and port on router all to no avail. My ancient W2K machine plugged to same router works just fine. Wireless to laptop works just fine. No shared IRQs. Just frustration.