Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > S.O.S -- Cat4006

S.O.S -- Cat4006

Andy

Hi guys,
I need your help on a Cat4006, that i need to upgrade its image, its
current image is 12.1(8a)EW1.
Product name: WS-C4006
Image: cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin

As far as i know this is an IOS image not a CatOS, (correct me plz if i
am wrong), i need to figure out whether it is CatOS or IOS, and find
the latest image on Cisco. what i found was different images like
cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin (is this catOS image?)

Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate your help.

Merv

Andy wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I need your help on a Cat4006, that i need to upgrade its image, its
> current image is 12.1(8a)EW1.
> Product name: WS-C4006
> Image: cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin

cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin is an IOS image

The Catalyst 4006 is at end-of-sale
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080225602.html

IOS images may have been removed from CCO; so you may have to get in
touch with the Cisco TAC

What SUP do you have ? Post complete output of show version

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
Andy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I need your help on a Cat4006, that i need to upgrade its image, its
>current image is 12.1(8a)EW1.
>Product name: WS-C4006
>Image: cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin

>As far as i know this is an IOS image not a CatOS, (correct me plz if i
>am wrong),

>i need to figure out whether it is CatOS or IOS, and find
>the latest image on Cisco. what i found was different images like
>cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin (is this catOS image?)

Yes, cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin is IOS and cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin is CatOS.

For the latest IOS image, use the Feature Navigator to select
the 4000 platform. is-mz is IP PLUS feature set. There is not too
much newer, only as far as c4000-is-mz.12.1-22b.bin ( i.e., IOS 12.1(22b) )
You will probably want to cross-check the memory requirements
for that release; I don't see the release notes in a quick check.

Andy

Hi guys,
The cat4006 is discontinued, and i could not find the IOS image using
feature navigator for cat4006, but i found images for the 4500 series
and i am wondering if the cat4000 images can be used on cat4006.

Andy

The images i found were:

cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA6.bin
&
cat4000-i5s-mz.12.2-25.EWA1.bin
&
cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW1.bin

How can i tell of they support the ROM:12.1(12r) EW i have on the
cat4006 or i need to upgrade as well.

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

Andy wrote:
> Hi guys,
> The cat4006 is discontinued, and i could not find the IOS image using
> feature navigator for cat4006, but i found images for the 4500 series
> and i am wondering if the cat4000 images can be used on cat4006.

Looks like you may be OK with SE III or better, older may be
problematic.

Why are you changing? As Merv says post output of

sh ver
sh mod

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

Andy wrote:
> The images i found were:
>
> cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA6.bin
> &
> cat4000-i5s-mz.12.2-25.EWA1.bin
> &
> cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW1.bin
>
> How can i tell of they support the ROM:12.1(12r) EW i have on the
> cat4006 or i need to upgrade as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...0801f5b1e.html
Release notes for 12.2E

It is unlikely that you will have to change the ROM.
Again, it's all in the release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/....html#wp287255
Release notes for 12.1E
cat4000-is-mz.121-26.E3.bin

Which SE do you have?
sh mod
sh ver

Andy

Hi guys,
Sorry for not being able to post the sh ver, and sh module, becasue the
switch is at a remote site and the adminstartor sent me a snapshot.
It is SE 3, and the feature navigator has been a great help, i believe
that later IOS does support the Catalyst 4006, Thank you very much for
your time, and sorry for the delay.

Cat4006 load balancing Andy Cisco 0 08-19-2006 08:22 PM
Cat4006 load balancing Andy Cisco 0 08-19-2006 08:20 PM
newbie question (Cat4006 and E1 router) Gme Cisco 0 09-29-2004 02:51 PM
can this cat4006 do L3? NNTP Cisco 5 09-19-2004 05:38 PM
cat4006 h/w question Simon Marsden Cisco 4 07-18-2004 09:59 PM

Advertisments