Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > dialin and dialout at the same time

dialin and dialout at the same time

jmiklo

Hi,
right now I have router configured with E1 PRI only for dialin. There are
many users, all configured on radius server.
But now I need to backup primary WAN link so I need to do dialout at the
same E1 link.
As soon as I create another dialer there is a problem of bounding isdn
interface to a proper dialer interface.
Creating dialer profile for each dialin user is not good, since there is so
many dialin users defined on radius server. Users receive dynamic ip address
from couple of pools.
If I would use rotary dialers, I am not sure how would I define dialer maps
since ip addresses are dynamic. In fact I don't need dialer map since it is
used only for dialin for ppp users.
The only dialer map that should be created is for doing dialout to Internet
(for backing up primary internet link).
But I don't know remote name of ISP access server because there is so many
of them and also I am not allowed to authenticate ISP.
So how should I create dialer map.

I have seen couple of configs on CCO for doing dialin&dialot but for some
static locations where I know remote ip addresses and names of locations
that connect to me or I connect to them. I didn't see any configs for my
situation.

Anyone can help ?

jmiklo

Nevermind,
I solved it using virtual profiles.

news:cp24rk$807$(E-Mail Removed)...

VLAN and PPPoE Dialout Cisco Fan Cisco 0 04-28-2005 09:22 AM
SIP and H323 dialout simultaniously Stylz Cisco 3 02-21-2004 12:06 PM
SIP and H323 dialout simultaniously Stylz VOIP 3 02-21-2004 12:06 PM
AS5300 and Dialout/EZ Qc Cisco 0 12-11-2003 12:16 AM
Dialout via RS-232 cable attached to analog modem? Sutto Cisco 3 10-20-2003 04:14 PM

Advertisments