Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > W2K3 drivers for Belkin F5D7000

W2K3 drivers for Belkin F5D7000

GJB

Hi,

I have a Belkin F5D7000 which I am trying to install into a w2k3 server. I
have tried all the belkin and ralink XP/W2K drivers I can find but none will
start. The message is "could not start driver error code 10"

I am willing to purchase another card (PCI or USB) if it has w2k3 drivers,
but I cannot find any.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

GJB

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

I am not sure of all the cards, but some of the cards are Broadcom based.

I think that Broadcom has drivers for Win2003 try their support site.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"GJB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a Belkin F5D7000 which I am trying to install into a w2k3 server. I
> have tried all the belkin and ralink XP/W2K drivers I can find but none
> will start. The message is "could not start driver error code 10"
>
> I am willing to purchase another card (PCI or USB) if it has w2k3 drivers,
> but I cannot find any.
>
> Any suggestion greatly appreciated.
>
> GJB

I had same problem, I installed XP Professional driver for F5D7000 and ignored the warning during the install and it worked ok, I was using it for atleast a year, untill today when I installed Windows Vista on the same machine and can not find a driver!!

Good luck

Courtesy of EggHeadCafe.com
Earn money answering messageboard posts at
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forummerit.aspx

davnator davnator is offline
Junior Member

The only steps that would work for me were
  • Go to http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...t/Windows.html
  • Download the RT256x driver
  • Install the package
  • Copy the drivers folder out of the installed package
  • Uninstall the RALINK software
  • Uninstall the Belkin software
  • Reboot
  • When prompted for a driver, browse to the drivers folder I copied out 4 steps above

The chipset drivers from RALink work for my Belkin F5D7000tt