Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Latency (and speed) of server connection to internet

OT: Latency (and speed) of server connection to internet

Thor

At least the speed I need!

I've always had problem finding good net lines.
At last I have what I need (if speedtest is correct): 21ms latency,
14Mbs/8Mbs real performance to a London (close, but still over a sea).
Unbelievable.
This would be a nice place to share some virtual stuff.

=?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

"Thor" wrote:

> At least the speed I need!

> I've always had problem finding good net lines.

Your problem has been resolved.

> At last I have what I need (if speedtest is correct): 21ms latency,
> 14Mbs/8Mbs real performance to a London (close, but still over a sea).

what about if you need to connect to Amsterdam?

> Unbelievable.

I believe you

> This would be a nice place to share some virtual stuff.

That sound good.

> 53

Are you still waiting for 53mbs

--
No Questions, get the right stuff.

Thor

"OTHMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> At last I have what I need (if speedtest is correct): 21ms latency,
>> 14Mbs/8Mbs real performance to a London (close, but still over a sea).

> what about if you need to connect to Amsterdam?

Why? I was there on a sql course, nice place
50ms lat / 1.1Mbs down / 8Mbs up

(Might indicate that people around me download a lot from Amsterdam, p0rn
maybe)

>> This would be a nice place to share some virtual stuff.

> That sound good.

M-hm

>> 53

> Are you still waiting for 53mbs

rather the 53µs latency, since that is the timescale I would like to measure
server replies on (my own HTTP); 21000µs is much much better than what I'm
used to, but still...

I have no urge to move much more than 5KB on a single reply, so
5KB/8Mbs: ~ 5ms; 5KB/53mbs: ~1ms, I think.

"Thor" wrote:

> "OTHMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> At last I have what I need (if speedtest is correct): 21ms latency,
> >> 14Mbs/8Mbs real performance to a London (close, but still over a sea).

> > what about if you need to connect to Amsterdam?
> >

> Why? I was there on a sql course, nice place
> 50ms lat / 1.1Mbs down / 8Mbs up

lol, even me I did my exchange course