Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > A little Avi2Dvd help please!!

A little Avi2Dvd help please!!

snapper

I need a little help in understanding the freeware program avi2dvd.
Yes I am new at this stuff. I downloaded a movie file from usenet and
it turned out to be of file type AVI. It is a Xvid codec (I hope I
said the correctly). I want to be able to burn the file to a DVD from
my computer and play it on my DVD player attached to my TV.

After running the file through avi2dvd I am left with the following
output in various directories.

AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 = 242,673 KB
Avi2Dvd_Log.txt = 2KB
Avisynth_Script_File.avs = 1KB
BeSplit.txt = 1 KB
BeSweet_AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3.txt = 2 KB
DVD_Image.ISO = 880 KB
VTS_01_0.VOB = 8 KB

So what do I do now? I was under the impression that the ISO file was
ready for burning but there is more to it. The movie is ~96 minutes
in length and 880 KB doesn't cut it.

I think I'm supposed to install Avisynth and run the script file
through it but I want to ask first. I haven't read anything anywhere
that say what to do after on runs Avi2DVD.

Here's the script file:
# Avisynth Script Made By Avi2Dvd
AviSource("C:\Movie\The Descent.avi", false)
ConvertToYV12()
LanczosResize(720,432,0.0,0.6)
AddBorders(0,72,0,72)

It just seems strange to me that the AC3 file (sound) is larger than
the ISO (movie) file. I guess I'm all screwed up.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

art2u

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:49:35 -0700, snapper wrote:

> I need a little help in understanding the freeware program avi2dvd.
> Yes I am new at this stuff. I downloaded a movie file from usenet and
> it turned out to be of file type AVI. It is a Xvid codec (I hope I
> said the correctly). I want to be able to burn the file to a DVD from
> my computer and play it on my DVD player attached to my TV.
>
> After running the file through avi2dvd I am left with the following
> output in various directories.
>
> AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 = 242,673 KB
> Avi2Dvd_Log.txt = 2KB
> Avisynth_Script_File.avs = 1KB
> BeSplit.txt = 1 KB
> BeSweet_AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3.txt = 2 KB
> DVD_Image.ISO = 880 KB
> VTS_01_0.VOB = 8 KB
>
> So what do I do now? I was under the impression that the ISO file was
> ready for burning but there is more to it. The movie is ~96 minutes
> in length and 880 KB doesn't cut it.
>
> I think I'm supposed to install Avisynth and run the script file
> through it but I want to ask first. I haven't read anything anywhere
> that say what to do after on runs Avi2DVD.
>
> Here's the script file:
> # Avisynth Script Made By Avi2Dvd
> AviSource("C:\Movie\The Descent.avi", false)
> ConvertToYV12()
> LanczosResize(720,432,0.0,0.6)
> AddBorders(0,72,0,72)
>
> It just seems strange to me that the AC3 file (sound) is larger than
> the ISO (movie) file. I guess I'm all screwed up.
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.

use this instead, a lot easier to use:

VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)
http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...DivxToDVD.html

DivxToDVD converts your movie files from a wide range of formats (AVI,
XVID, MPEG, and DIVX) to compliant DVD structures (VOB and IFO).

--
-Art- (not Art)

Bob

try the Wondershare Video to DVD Burner
it is very nice and very easy to use
you can get it here
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/video-to-dvd.html
and a very specific guide is here
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...opic.php?t=338

art2u wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:49:35 -0700, snapper wrote:
>
> > I need a little help in understanding the freeware program avi2dvd.
> > Yes I am new at this stuff. I downloaded a movie file from usenet and
> > it turned out to be of file type AVI. It is a Xvid codec (I hope I
> > said the correctly). I want to be able to burn the file to a DVD from
> > my computer and play it on my DVD player attached to my TV.
> >
> > After running the file through avi2dvd I am left with the following
> > output in various directories.
> >
> > AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 = 242,673 KB
> > Avi2Dvd_Log.txt = 2KB
> > Avisynth_Script_File.avs = 1KB
> > BeSplit.txt = 1 KB
> > BeSweet_AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3.txt = 2 KB
> > DVD_Image.ISO = 880 KB
> > VTS_01_0.VOB = 8 KB
> >
> > So what do I do now? I was under the impression that the ISO file was
> > ready for burning but there is more to it. The movie is ~96 minutes
> > in length and 880 KB doesn't cut it.
> >
> > I think I'm supposed to install Avisynth and run the script file
> > through it but I want to ask first. I haven't read anything anywhere
> > that say what to do after on runs Avi2DVD.
> >
> > Here's the script file:
> > # Avisynth Script Made By Avi2Dvd
> > AviSource("C:\Movie\The Descent.avi", false)
> > ConvertToYV12()
> > LanczosResize(720,432,0.0,0.6)
> > AddBorders(0,72,0,72)
> >
> > It just seems strange to me that the AC3 file (sound) is larger than
> > the ISO (movie) file. I guess I'm all screwed up.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any replies.

> use this instead, a lot easier to use:
>
> VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)
> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...DivxToDVD.html
>
> DivxToDVD converts your movie files from a wide range of formats (AVI,
> XVID, MPEG, and DIVX) to compliant DVD structures (VOB and IFO).
>

> --
> -Art- (not Art)

snapper

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:29:19 -0400, art2u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Thanks Art

Amazing piece of software. It took about 30 minutes compared to the
four hours avi2dvd took to give me nothing. I just might have to buy
the commercial version after a few more tests.

Take care

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:37:57 -0700, snapper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Amazing piece of software. It took about 30 minutes compared to the
>four hours avi2dvd took to give me nothing. I just might have to buy
>the commercial version after a few more tests.

The commercial version, called ConvertXtoDVD, includes multiple file
entries so you can set up a long-winded project and it includes
limited DVD authoring, in particular the automatic creation of a menu.
It also allows you to include subtitle files, set chapter lengths,
etc.

However, I still think you should consider getting a DVDR that plays
AVI files so you can burn them directly onto the DVD disc as a
so-called "data disc". You can get a lot more content on a disc and
navigation is so much simpler - just select the filename from a
familiar single-column file tree,

For some unexplained reason the bitrate of the resulting MPG2 (VOB)
file is about twice that of the original AVI file. This causes the VOB
to be at least twice as large which seems like a waste of space.

--

Rope, Tree, Journalist - some assembly required.

firex4icex firex4icex is offline
Junior Member

Can someone please help me?

I download a movie with uTorrent

Once downloaded I can view the whole move in entire length on Windows Media Player

I take the file and use AVI2DVD

After this is completed and I open the file in DVD Shrink the movie is shorter in length

Can someone tell me why this is and how I can correct it?

Thank you