Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > understanding liquid layouts

understanding liquid layouts

fishwick@gmail.com

This is the site I'm workin on: http://www.vachiropractic.com/newsite/

I'm looking to liquify the current layout. Ideally I'd like to mirror
the general layout of this layout:
http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala23.html

One modification I'd like to implement is the ability to have text
either span the entire width of the wrapper, or float the the left or
the right of a fixed box. Above template has both-fixed width boxes
floating on the same side, and doesn't have a div for a line of
straight-across text.

--
James Fishwick

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> This is the site I'm workin on: http://www.vachiropractic.com/newsite/
>
> I'm looking to liquify the current layout. Ideally I'd like to mirror
> the general layout of this layout:
> http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala23.html

This has the quite unacceptable flaw of allowing a line of text
to span right across a big screen. I don't know whether your
remarks below are intending to object to same? The point is that
this is not such a good template as is and brings out well the
ever present difficult problem of fluid layouts, namely both
making it useful that they are fluid and avoiding unsightly
things or actually causing difficulties for people (however good
the intentions).

I tell you all now, I am constantly jealous of many designs that
have the sheer ignorance or guts to just go fixed. But I resist
still.

--
dorayme