Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > trying to setup WLAN...

trying to setup WLAN...

neednetworkhelp21 neednetworkhelp21 is offline
Junior Member

Hello.
I need help. I bought a Linksys WRT54G this morning and have been trying to figure out how to setup printer and file sharing all day. What I'm actually trying to do is this:
use the WRT54G not as an internet router, but to share files between my laptop and my desktop computers.
Nothing seems to be working.

anyone haveany suggestions??

subra4u subra4u is offline
Junior Member

hi,

r u trying to setup a wireless printer, if so it is very easy try to configure the ip address either manually or through dhcp.just try and bring the basic connectivity i.e ping first......then you can make the rest work.

regards
subra4u