Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IP Routing Troubleshooting in OSPF & BGP4

IP Routing Troubleshooting in OSPF & BGP4

rmullen1@hotmail.com

I am looking for a good book or some study material to help me with
troubleshooiting our OSPF and BGP network. I seem to get confused with
numerous statics in the network and need a better understanding of what
route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

I have read Cisco press books on OSPF and BGP but am looking for help
only in the areas of troubleshooting routing for those protocols.

Thanks you very much for your help.

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Troubleshooting Open Shortest Path
First ( OSPF ):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk36...ocol_home.html

as well as Cisco's Troubleshooting Border Gateway Protocol ( BGP ):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk36...ocol_home.html

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
Cisco Technical Forums
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm

Merv

> I seem to get confused with numerous statics in the network and need a better > understanding of what route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

If you have any specific current issues, then post the details - the
router configs, the output of show version on each of the routers and
the output of sh ip route along witht the output of the OSPF topology
database and BGP route table.

Generally using static routes to fix connectivity issues doesn't sound
good to me ...

rmullen1

Merv,

I totally agree that statics don't help. My questions are mostly
regarding if I find a static or am having problems getting to a certain
route, I have troubleshooting one what route should go where, and two
do I have to keep a static route and repoint it, or can I use the IGP.
This is not a specific problem I am having, just need to get beter at
troubleshooting statics and routing issues.

Merv wrote:
> > I seem to get confused with numerous statics in the network and need a better > understanding of what route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

> If you have any specific current issues, then post the details - the
> router configs, the output of show version on each of the routers and
> the output of sh ip route along witht the output of the OSPF topology
> database and BGP route table.
>
> Generally using static routes to fix connectivity issues doesn't sound
> good to me ...

Merv

Is the network a corporate network or an ISP network?

rmullen1

It is a corporate network

BGP4-MIB CISCO-BGP4-MIB syd_p Cisco 0 07-06-2009 09:31 PM
Troubleshooting IP routing protocols syuga2012@gmail.com Cisco 4 02-11-2009 07:43 PM
basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!! k65020@gmail.com Cisco 4 12-13-2007 05:22 PM
Redistribute static to OSPF, overriding the slower OSPF-native route? E.Finlayson Cisco 0 09-10-2004 02:13 PM
BGP4 Question Hamid Cisco 3 11-12-2003 06:14 PM

Advertisments