Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using Beautiful Soup

Using Beautiful Soup

Tempo

Heya. I have never used a module/script before, and the first problem I
have run into is that I do not know how to install a module/script. I
have downloaded Beautiful Soup, but how do I use it in one of my own
programs? I know that I use an "include" statement, but do I first need
to make a copy of BeautifulSoup.pyc or BeautifulSoup.py into the Python
directory? Thanks in advanced for any and all help that you may
provide. Many thanks.

Jorge Godoy

"Tempo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Heya. I have never used a module/script before, and the first problem I
> have run into is that I do not know how to install a module/script. I
> have downloaded Beautiful Soup, but how do I use it in one of my own
> programs? I know that I use an "include" statement, but do I first need
> to make a copy of BeautifulSoup.pyc or BeautifulSoup.py into the Python
> directory? Thanks in advanced for any and all help that you may
> provide. Many thanks.

Read the tutorial:

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

Specially chapter 6.