Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 837 ADSL connection in Europe.

837 ADSL connection in Europe.

AM

Hi all,

I'm going to deploy several 837 across Europe to connetc branch offices to headquarter.
Does any parameter change in doing this? I mean, do I have to change only the IP and DNSes, supplied by ADSL provider,
to the router or also parameters concerning layer 2, like pvc and so on?
Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

Thank you all for any response or link to follow,

Alex.

Richard Antony Burton

"AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d8%rd.1846$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm going to deploy several 837 across Europe to connetc branch offices to
> headquarter.
> Does any parameter change in doing this? I mean, do I have to change only
> the IP and DNSes, supplied by ADSL provider, to the router or also
> parameters concerning layer 2, like pvc and so on?
> Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.

Richard.

AM

Richard Antony Burton wrote:
> "AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d8%rd.1846$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I'm going to deploy several 837 across Europe to connetc branch offices to
>>headquarter.
>>Does any parameter change in doing this? I mean, do I have to change only
>>the IP and DNSes, supplied by ADSL provider, to the router or also
>>parameters concerning layer 2, like pvc and so on?
>>Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

> In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
> Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
> maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
> PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.
>
> Richard.

Thank you Richard for your quick answer!

Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries specified above?

Thank you all

alex.

Richard Antony Burton

"AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kx0sd.2134$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
> specified above?

I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and nat
through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net), but I'm
sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest to you:
news:fe0sd.191958$(E-Mail Removed)

Richard.

AM

Richard Antony Burton wrote:

> "AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kx0sd.2134$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
>>specified above?

> I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and nat
> through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net), but I'm
> sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest to you:
> news:fe0sd.191958$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> Richard.

Thank Richard, but I'n not able to use your reference. I can not connect to news.easynews.com
Could you post some keyword within your post as I can search your post via google?

Thanks,
Alex.

Joop van der Velden

Am wrote:

> > In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
> > Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
> > maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
> > PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.

> Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries specified above?

It depends on the ADSL / Internet provider, not on the country.
You will need to talk to each ISP to get the correct parameters for
optimal configuring of your 837.

--
Joop van der Velden

Richard Antony Burton

"AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nk2sd.2211$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and
>> nat through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net),
>> but I'm sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest
>> to you:
>> news:fe0sd.191958$(E-Mail Removed)

> Thank Richard, but I'n not able to use your reference. I can not connect
> to news.easynews.com
> Could you post some keyword within your post as I can search your post via
> google?

That reference should work from any news server, not just easynews. But I'm
not sure how google groups handles it.
Try this:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ews.com&rnum=8

All UK ISPs are set up pretty much the same, because that are virtualy all
running over BT's network, so it you pick out the bits you need from here,
they will likely work for any UK ISP.

Richard.

Ginger

"Joop van der Velden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Am wrote:
>
>> > In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
>> > Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all
>> > (or
>> > maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they
>> > use
>> > PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to
>> > tweak.

>> Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
>> specified above?

> It depends on the ADSL / Internet provider, not on the country.
> You will need to talk to each ISP to get the correct parameters for
> optimal configuring of your 837.
>
> --
> Joop van der Velden
> (E-Mail Removed)

Hi Am,

I am very interested in what concentrator you are going back to with the
837, cos I am having a hell of a time trying to configure the 837 to login
to mine.

Thanks

VPN between Cisco 837 and cisco 837 with IP static and ip dinamic lyvicro@hotmail.com Cisco 4 12-15-2005 09:10 PM
Working: 837 Wake On Lan over internet using NAT (837) Richard Antony Burton Cisco 0 01-05-2004 10:08 AM
Cisco 837 to Cisco 837 VPN, ping OK, NetBios / VNC DROPPING! Suppa Lamah Cisco 8 12-19-2003 01:15 PM
ADSL 837 Router Luke Cisco 2 11-06-2003 05:31 AM
Cisco 837-837 VPN Confused Cisco 0 07-09-2003 11:13 AM

Advertisments